- Availability: Out of stock
- Cover: Soft
- Condition: New
- Category: Non-fiction Witchy Books Witchy Things
- Barcode: 9781591433781
- ISBN: 9781591433781
Erika Buenaflor | "Sacred Energies of the Sun and Moon"
- A practical guide to ancient Mesoamerican solar and lunar rites for healing and transformation
• Details shamanic rituals and practices for each period of the day, including dawn, sunrise, noon, sunset, and midnight, to best harness the energies of the sun, night sun, and moon for specific purposes, such as divination, journeying with animal spirit guides, or spiritual wisdom
• Incorporates shamanic breathwork, dreamwork, mantra chanting, mudras, dancing and movement, toning, chakra work, crystals, herbs, and limpias (shamanic cleanses)
• Explores how nighttime energies are affected by the phases of the moon, offering specific practices for each phase
Ancient Mesoamerican shamans and modern practitioners of curanderismo - a Latin American shamanic healing practice - divide each day and night into distinct periods based on the sacred rhythms of the sun and moon, with each time offering opportunities to connect with specific celestial energies for healing and transformation.
In this hands-on guide to working with the sacred energies of the sun, night sun, and moon, curandera Erika Buenaflor details the rites, rituals, and deities for each part of the day and night and explores the sacred tools and techniques used by ancient Mesoamerican shamans for harnessing solar and lunar energies. She explains how the sun is the source of soul energy that heals, animates, strengthens, and revitalizes us on many levels, while night energies are transformative and conducive for connecting with nonordinary realms. She explores rituals for dawn, sunrise, and midmorning to harness the energies of creation and new beginnings; for noon and afternoon to promote peak strength and spiritual wisdom; for sunset and dusk to bring about transformation, perform divination, and journey with animal spirit guides; and for midnight and predawn to facilitate shamanic dreamwork, connect with the ancestors, make offerings, and regenerate at the deepest levels. She also explores how nighttime energies are affected by the phases of the moon and offers specific practices for each phase.
By intentionally tuning our activities to the rhythms of the sun and moon, we can invite in their sacred energies of abundance and healing for more healthy, creative, mindful, and happy lives.
- Language: English
- Dimensions: 23 x 15 cm
- Pages: 184
- Cover: softcover
- First published: 2020
- This edition published: 2020